Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MIT Open Course Ware


"The Massachusetts Institute of Technology will become by year's end the first U.S. university to offer all of its roughly 1,800 courses free on the Internet, a school official said on Friday."

see the full article here:
Yahoo: MIT to offer its courses free online by year end

In the mean time you can check out the already listed courses here at the MIT Open Course Ware site.

While this will not get you a piece of paper that states you took such and such number of hours and received some arbitrary degree, you will still have access to some of the best information from one of the finest institutions in the country. For those with a passion for education this is the ticket. I find it amazing the amount of good information that you can find online. I already hold two degrees, and I'm heading back to school in the coming months to further my education. I will definitely be referencing the MIT site for years to come or as long as I can keep an Internet connection.

0 comments: